Wednesday, I received a call from Maureen telling me that Lucy was in the hospital barely holding on. She had gotten a bad flu which was giving her respiratory problems. The next day, I walked into room 366 wearing a required mask, gown, and gloves to visit my adopted mom/grandma. Lucy was sleeping amidst the noticeable struggle to breathe. I just sat beside her bedside, not wanting to wake her. Soon, her granddaughter joined me and Lucy opened her eyes. She smiled in recognition of us and conversed in between coughs and dosing off and on. Before I left, I was able to update her on all of the kids as she smiled like a proud grandma would. That was the last time I would get to talk to Lucy. The next day, she slipped into unconsciousness, returning home to God this morning. She will be missed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm sorry, I know how much you loved her.
Post a Comment